CALL TO ORDER:
The meeting was called to order at 5:03 pm at the City of Mercer Island Caucus Room, 9611 SE 36th Street, Mercer Island, WA.
Commissioners Blakney, Hill & Maehara, Police Commander Burns, Chief Examiner/Secretary Segle, and Personnel & Training Sergeant Hyatt and Human Resources Specialist Tawney.
(1) Approval of Minutes: Postponed
(2) Personnel Orders: Postponed
(3) Police and Fire Rosters: Postponed
(4) Welcome Laura!: Chief Examiner/Secretary Segle introduced Laura Tawney, the Cityís new Human Resources Specialist.
(5) Approval of Police Officer Eligibility List: Sergeant Hyatt updated the Commission on the entry-level Police Officer interview process. He stated that fourteen candidates showed up for their interview, eight of which passed the oral board process and six of which failed. He explained that staff is conducting the background process on the eight eligible candidates. The City has two positions to fill and hopes to do so with this list.
MOTION: Moved by Hill and seconded by Maehara to approve the Police Officer Entry-Level Eligibility List dated January 16, 2007. Motion carried.
(6) Sergeant Promotional Testing Process: Chief Holmes reported that the current promotional list for Police Sergeants has expired and itís time to conduct a new promotional testing process. He asked permission of the Commission to engage in a process using JMF & Associates, as the Department has done over the past several years.
MOTION: Moved by Maehara and seconded by Hill to permit staff to engage in the Police Sergeant Promotional Testing Process. Motion carried.
OFF AGENDA ITEMS:
Chief Examiner/Secretary Segle asked of the Commissionís permission to move next monthís meeting to the first Tuesday of the month in order to review and approve the Police Sergeant Eligibility List. The Commission agreed to move the regularly scheduled meeting of March 13th to March 6th, 2007.
NEXT MEETING DATE:
The next Special Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, March 6, 2007 at 5:00 pm in the Caucus Room at City Hall.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:16 pm.