TYPE OF MEETING:
Special Meeting of the Disability Board.
CALL TO ORDER:
The meeting was called to order at 8:04 am at the City of Mercer Island Caucus Room, 9611 SE 36th Street, Mercer Island, WA.
Board Members: Goldmanis, Goodman, Hagstrom, Jackman and Litzow.
Staff: Burns, Lindell & Segle
Absent: Holmes and Mauldin
(1) Approval of Minutes: Moved by Litzow and seconded by Goldmanis to approve the minutes of the April 17, 2006 Regular Meeting as submitted. Motion carried unanimously.
(2) Claims Approved by Secretary: Moved by Litzow and seconded by Hagstrom to approve the claims paid by the Secretary totaling $3,276.90, dated April 10, 2006 through June 14, 2006. Motion carried unanimously.
(3) Claims Submitted for Board Authorization: None Submitted.
(4) Disability Leave Applications: None Submitted.
(5) Disability Leaves Approved Administratively: None Submitted.
(6) Dental Expenses for LEOFF 1 Retirees: Secretary Segle summarized information presented at the April 17, 2006 meeting. City Attorney Lindell cautioned the Board about adding expenses with pending legal challenges. Staff recommended that the Board not change the dental coverage benefits for Mercer Island’s LEOFF 1 Retirees. The Board engaged in discussion.
MOTION: Moved by Litzow and seconded by Goldmanis to maintain the level of dental coverage currently allowed for Mercer Island LEOFF 1 Retirees. Motion passed 4 – 1.
There was none.
The next Special Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, July 17, 2006 at 8:00 am in the Caucus Room at City Hall.