Type of Meeting:
Regular Meeting of the Disability Board
Call To Order:
Bassett, Cero, Goodman, Hagstrom, and Jackman, Holmes, Segle, Tawney, Tubbs
(1) Approval of Minutes from Prior Meetings – No minutes to approve.
(2) Claims approved by Secretary – Moved by Hagstrom and seconded by Cero to approve the claims paid by the Secretary totaling $13,507.03, dated November 24, 2007 through October 15, 2008. Motion carried unanimously.
Councilmember Cero requested a random review of two claims - one for $82.00 and another for $69.89. Secretary Segle agreed to bring back the two claims for review by the Board.
(3) Claims Submitted for Board Authorization – Moved by Cero and seconded by Hagstrom to approve the following claim:
$4,250.00 – Digital Hearing Aids
Motion carried unanimously.
Moved by Hagstrom and seconded by Jackman to approve $580.00 ($100 for each set of frames for a total of $200; and 80% of the cost of lenses per Disability Rules.) of the vision expense claim submitted in the amount of $776.00. Direct claimant to submit further physician certification of medical necessity for lenses and Board will consider covering the remainder 20% of expenses. Motion carried unanimously.
The Board directed Secretary Segle to draft new language for the eyeglass reimbursement rule to better clarify that reimbursement of eyeglass frames are covered at $100 per set of frames for up to two pairs of frames every two years (a total reimbursement of up to $200 for frames every two years). Secretary Segle agreed to bring back draft language at the next regularly scheduled Disability Board meeting.
(4) Disability Leave Applications – None Submitted.
(5) Disability Leaves Approved Administratively – None Submitted.
The Disability Board directed Secretary Segle to research Disability Board eyeglass policies and bring back a summary of the information for the Board to consider for possible revisions of Mercer Island’s eyeglass coverage.
Councilmember Cero requested that Secretary Segle bring back the relevant language in the RCWs that defines “medically necessary” for the purposes of LEOFF 1 medical coverage. Secretary Segle agreed to provide the language at the next regularly scheduled meeting.
ADJOURNMENT: 8:55 a.m.