2015 VOICE/SVP Program Dates and Information
March 9 – April 13: VOICE/SVP Paid Summer Position - Application Open
- Online at www.govjobstoday.com. These paid positions are only open to adults that are over the age of 18 and have graduated from high school as of 6/16/2015.
March 25: VOICE/SVP Program Registration Opens
April 22: VOICE/SVP Registration Closes
- We will no longer accept online registrations after 5:00 pm. Please email email@example.com to see if there are any additional openings, or to be added to the waitlist.
April 28: New Volunteer Meeting
- New participants only. 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm at Mercer Island Community and Event Center
May 15: All Forms Due & Refund Deadline
- Due by 5:00 pm at Mercer Island Youth and Family Services, 2040 84th Avenue SE, Mercer Island 98040
May 22: Shiftboard Calendar Opens
- Calendar will be available at 10:00 am. Online at www.shiftboard.com/voice. Additional information will be sent to registered participants.
June 22: First Day of VOICE/SVP Program
August 14: Last Day of VOICE/SVP Program
August 17: All-Star Celebration
- 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm, by invitation. See the Frequently Asked Questions below for more information on ‘All Stars’
August 18: VOICE/SVP Recognition Event!
- 6pm - 7pm at Mercer Island Community and Event Center
If you would like to be on our mailing list for this year's program, please email Tambi Cork, Youth Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information can also be found in our Frequently Asked Questions listed below.
King County Nonprofits: Looking for Volunteer Groups for Your Organization?
Frequently Asked Question
Please click on the following link for more information, and to request a volunteer group:
Click on the link above for more information on the following:
What is the difference between VOICE and SVP? Who can participate in these programs?
What is the time commitment? Do I need to be available all eight weeks?
What is the cost? Why pay to volunteer?
How do I register for VOICE/SVP?
What’s this I hear about a ‘lottery’? Is there a chance my child will not have a spot in the program?
I’ve registered and paid online – what are the next steps?
How do I sign up for projects?
What if I don't know my Shiftboard password?
What do I do if my Shiftboard calendar is blank after the calendar opens in May?
Can I see the calendar before May 22?
What nonprofits does VOICE/SVP partner with?
Where do projects meet?
Can volunteers drive themselves, or be dropped of at, projects that take place off-Island?
My child wants to volunteer with their friends – how do I find out who is on the projects?
What is the Social Justice Film Festival? Is it required?
What is an 'All Star'?
Do you have any job openings?
We signed up, but can no longer participate. What is the refund process and policy?
Is there a way to document my hours volunteered with VOICE/SVP?
What is a P-Lit? How are they chosen, and how competitive is the application?
Where can I find additional liability forms?