The City of Mercer Island Records Department staff may be reached by dialing 206-275-7610 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Records Department maintains the following business hours:
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Fridays: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: Closed
Hours for fingerprinting are listed below.
Public Records Requests
If you would like to request a copy of a police report, or any other specific identifiable document, you must fill out a Public Records Request form. The form is available online by clicking here, at the Mercer Island Police Records Department, or a form can be mailed to you by calling 206-275-7610.
The City Clerk has been designated as the Public Records Officer for the City of Mercer Island. The City Clerk has designated Kelly Donnelly (206-275-7931) as the contact for police and fire records.
Traffic Accident Reports Available On-Line:
Traffic Accident reports are available through an on-line service, called Doc View, as well as directly from the Police Department as noted above. If you are interested in obtaining your traffic accident report through Doc View, please have your case report number and the incident date available and log onto www.docview.us.com, then follow the prompts.
- Police/Fire Reports: $.15 per page (no charge for first 30 pages per requestor)
- Accident Reports Obtained from Police Department: No charge to involved parties
- $5.00 charge to non-involved parties
- Accident Reports Using On-Line Service: $11.00
- Local Criminal History Clearance Letter: $10.00
- Videotapes/DVD's: $2.00 each
- Postage: actual cost of postage
All fees are pursuant to RCW 10.97.100, 42.56.070(7-8) & 42.56.120. Depending on the volume of information requested, a deposit of up to 50% of the projected costs may be required.
Methods of payment accepted: Cash, check or credit/debit card
The following administrative services are also offered by the Mercer Island Police Department:
The above document(s) are Adobe® Acrobat® PDF files and may be viewed using the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™. Most newer web browsers already contain the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ plug-in. However, if you need it, click on the "Get Acrobat® Reader™" icon to download it now.