Mercerdale Park Advertising Sign Board Policies
Revised January 2016
The Mercerdale Park Advertising Sign Board is available to eligible Mercer Island groups. Examples of eligible groups are:
The sign board is not available to Non-Mercer Island groups, citizens for private use, private companies or organizations unless it is for an event open to the public.
- Mercer Island Service Organizations
- Mercer Island Churches
- City Departments
- Mercer Island Schools
- Mercer Island Youth Organizations
- Mercer Island Events that are open to the public
Effective March 1, 2016 the Mercer Island Parks & Recreation Department will no longer be producing Mercerdale signs. However, we will still post them. Patrons may have their signs produced from any number of professional sign companies in our area to the following specifications:
- Signs must be printed single-sided, on corrugated plastic or Correx material.
- Signs must be 2’ x 8’ (24” x 96”).
Delivery & Pick up of Signs
- Signs must be delivered to the front desk at the Mercer Island Community & Event Center (MICEC), 8236 SE 24th St, at least five days prior to the requested posting date.
- Signs must be picked up from the MICEC no more than five days after the Point of Contact is notified that the sign is ready for pick up. Signs that are not picked up during this time will be recycled.
- Patrons will be responsible for storage of signs.
Cost of Advertising Space
Rental space for seven days = $35.00 + tax
Each additional day after = $5.00/ day + tax
Patrons must fill out an online request form at least four weeks prior to the advertised event to ensure there is availability of the sign board.
- Space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Staff will record the day the sign will be posted on an internal event calendar.
- Signs will be posted seven days prior to the event, however, if there is availability, signs may be posted for longer than seven days for an additional cost of $5.00/ day + tax.
- The Parks & Recreations Department has priority for all space.
- The Parks & Recreation Department has the discretion to post signs wherever available, accommodating all groups as best as possible. While we will make our best effort to accommodate requests for specific placement, specific placement is not guaranteed.