Luther Burbank Beach
|Luther Burbank Park Swim Beach|
Luther Burbank Beach is located at 2040 84th Ave SE.
There is currently no lifeguard coverage at Luther Burbank Park. The 2018 season will open in late June. Check back for exact dates. For additional information please contact MIPR Recreation Supervisor C.J. Stanford by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Luther Burbank Park: (Contact: Merrill.Schadt@mercergov.org)
- Groups of 20+ must reserve a picnic area a minimum of 72 hrs in advance (space is limited)
- Reservation fees (per area) are: $40 per area for Mercer Island Groups / $85 per area for off-Island groups.
- Luther Burbank has (2) areas available to reserve. (Capacity is 60 patrons per area).
- Bus parking is not permitted at Luther Burbank Park or the Mercer Island Community & Event Center.
- Each area reservation includes: (1) day parking pass for (1) bus at the City Boat Launch.
- Additional bus parking passes may be purchased for: $11 per day
- Camp Park Use Dept. Policy
There is no bus parking in any Luther Burbank Parking Lot, Groveland Beach lot, or the Community Center. Buses may drop off and pick up only. Day use parking available at the MI Boat Launch at 3600 East Mercer Way, $11 self-pay.
- Swimming (*see below)
- Picnic areas
- Barbeque area
- Playground area for children
- Restrooms (available during summer season only)
Pets are not allowed at public swim areas from May 1 to September 30. Outside of these times dogs are allowed on the beach but must be on a leash at all times. Link to Off Leash Areas on Mercer Island
Click here for information on water quality at Mercer Island life guarded beaches.
From I-5, take I-90 East to Mercer Island
Take the 77th Ave. SE exit (#7A) immediately after the 2nd tunnel, and turn left on 77th Ave. SE.
Turn right at the stop sign onto N. Mercer Way, go through the light at 80th Ave. SE
Turn left onto 81st Ave. SE.
Turn right on SE 24th St. and drive to the end.
The park entrance is on your left.
From I-405, take I-90 West to Mercer Island
Take the Island Crest Way exit (#7).
At top of the ramp, turn right onto SE 26th St.
At the stop sign turn left onto 84th Ave. SE and drive straight into the park after another stop sign at SE 24th St.