|Betsy visitng with a client|
Senior Services is a program of Mercer Island Youth & Family Services. Our Geriatric Specialist and Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Betsy Zuber, provides social services to Mercer Island residents ages 55 and old and their families.
Betsy utilizes the strengths of her clients as a way to enhance their ability to problem solve issues, concerns and changes in life. She actively listens and provides a safe environment in which to help develop strategies for new coping skills, and she provides information and resources about the aging process. All clients have their own individual needs, and Betsy will help them by tailoring services in a respectful, creative and empathic way.
In-home assessment and case management
- Provides safety, mental health and cognitive assessments
- Develops individualized plans for care needs
- Provides resources and referrals
- Consults with other professionals, such as physicians, in-home health teams and other aging professionals
Provides help with all aging related issues, family dilemmas, caregiving, grief and loss, effective communication, depression, anxiety, decreased independence, adjusting to chronic conditions.
Caregiver Support Group
Support, education and resources for those caregiving for a loved one in a home, facility or by long distance.
Consultation with Adult Children
- Resources, referral and information on aging
- Education about aging conditions, such as dementia
- Communication strategies
- Family meetings
- Depression and anxiety
- Grief and loss
- How to take care of your aging parent
For more information about any of these services, please call Betsy Zuber at (206) 275-7752 or email her at email@example.com.