Thank you for organizing a Map Your Neighborhood (MYN) party. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help increase your neighborhood’s participation:
Before the Party:
- Select a time and date for your MYN party. Evening and weekend parties often have the best attendance.
- Select a location for your MYN party. The party should be held at a household in your neighborhood to help with your planning efforts.
- Contact Officer Jennifer Franklin, the City of Mercer Island’s Emergency Manager and Crime Prevention Officer at 206-275-7905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to download instructions to create map and determine which neighbors you think should be in your neighborhood
- Invite your neighbors. Click here to download and print your invitation.
- After inviting your neighbors, follow up with an email or phone call reminder!
- Click here to download and print the neighborhood contact sheet. Neighbors can fill in the neighborhood contact sheet when they arrive at your party. This info. can be distributed to all participating neighbors. All contact info. is used solely for the purposes of preparedness and prevention efforts and should not be used for commercial or any other purposes.
During the Party:
Have fun with your neighbors! Provide snacks and refreshments, or organize a potluck if you’d like.
After the Party:
Plan to organize another MYN party a year from now or even use the National Night Out venue which is always the first Tuesday evening in August as your annual MYN party!
Follow-up meetings are a great time to exercise your neighborhood’s plan, and train new neighbors at the same time.