Letterboxing at Pioneer Park: June 3 - October 31, 2017
We need clue makers! If you love Pioneer Park and walking through the woods, how about creating a clue for a letterbox? Contact email@example.com before March 17 so we can include you in a planning meeting.
How do I become a Letterbox Hunter?
What’s a hunter? A letterbox hunter is someone who follows clues to find a hidden letterbox. When you find a letterbox, you use the stamp in the letterbox to stamp your Clue Book. You also use your stamp from your kit to make stamp in the letterbox notepad.
- Pick up a Clue Book starting June 3 from the Community & Event Center, Luther Burbank Park Admin Office, or the South End Starbucks. Read your Clue Book to become familiar with Pioneer Park.
- Create a letterboxing kit. It’s simple! You just need your Clue Book, a favorite stamp and walking shoes!
- Letterboxing is in Pioneer Park – Take your Clue Book with you to Pioneer Park to begin searching for letterboxes. Once you come to a box, open it and stamp the notepad that is in the letterbox with your stamp. Use the stamp that is in the letterbox to stamp your Clue Book. You can also write a note saying you were there with the pencil that is in the letterbox on the notepad. Once you have stamped your Clue Book move onto to find the next letterbox.
- Take care of the letterboxes! It is REALLY important that you leave the letterboxes exactly how you found them – after all, you want the next hunter to have as much fun trying to find the letterbox as you did! If you find a problem with a letterbox, please call the Community Center at 275-7609 and ask for Diane.
- Turn in your Clue Book by October 31 to be recognized for your accomplishment at a Letterbox celebration in November. You can turn in your completed Clue Books to the Community Center, LB Park Admin Office, or mail to the Parks & Recreation Department (2040 84th Ave SE, Mercer Island 98040).
- Have fun and see how many letterboxes you can find this summer!
Thank you to our sponsors: Bark Avenue !