Mostly Music in the Park
The Mercer Island Arts Council's annual series of live music, arts activities, and family fun in Mercerdale Park returns in 2020 for the 34th year.
Perform at the 2020 Series!
Bring your music stylings to our 2020 Mostly Music in the Park series! See details about the gig and how to apply below.
Concert Series Details
What Do We Offer?
- Venue: The Pergola at Mercerdale Park, 77th SE & SE 32nd, Mercer Island, WA 98040
- Dates: Thursdays, July-August, 2019 (final dates to be confirmed)
- Performance Time: 7-8:30 pm
- What We Seek: A diverse mix of music genres; dynamic musicians and bands who engage and inspire the crowd; and family-friendly performances suitable for audiences of all ages.
- Compensation: Once selected, the series co-chairs will negotiate final contract amounts with each performer. Compensation has ranged from $750-$1,200 per performance in past years and will likely fall in the same range for the 2019 series.
- Sound Engineering: The City partners with Morgan Sound to provide high quality sound set-up. If selected, performers will work directly with the sound engineers on input and staging needs.
- Marketing & Promotion: The City will promote the concerts through a variety of channels, which may include print mailers, signage, e-newsletters, and social media. Performers will be expected to promote concerts via their own networks and channels (website, social media, etc.). Once the event committee selects the line-up, City staff will connect with performers about overall marketing plans and needs for individual concerts.
Questions? Contact Sarah Bluvas at email@example.com. We hope to see you in Mercerdale Park this summer!
- To Apply: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with links to your music samples, bio, photos, videos, and any other information you think will be useful to the selection committee. All submissions must be digital.
- Submission Deadline: January 31, 2020
- Selection Timeline: The selection committee aims to confirm the line-up by April 1, 2020 (subject to change based on marketing & promotion timelines).
Thanks for a great season!
Thank you to all community members and neighbors who joined us for another successful season of outdoor concerts! Relive the memories by watching our 2019 Mostly Music in the Park recap video.
Thank you 2019 supporters!
Producing free programs like Mostly Music in the Park relies on grants, sponsorships, and promotional support. Many thanks to the following organizations for supporting the 2019 series:
Additional financial support provided by:
Additional promotional support provided by: