The Mercer Island Police Department strives to provide a full range of police services while respecting individual rights and freedoms.
The mission of the Mercer Island Police Department is to contribute to Mercer Island's reputation as a safe, friendly, economically thriving community in which to live, work, learn, play and visit.
We achieve our mission by providing the highest quality law enforcement and community education services possible within the resources provided to us.
We are professional, compassionate, highly-trained, technologically-advanced, and provide services that meet or exceed the expectations of our community.
We provide a wide range of services to the people who live and work on Mercer Island. Information about our services is readily available through this site.
The Police Department is divided into the Police Operations unit and the Administrative Services unit. Police Operations includes the Marine Patrol and the Patrol Section. Administrative Services includes the Criminal Investigations Section (Detectives), the Services Section (Dispatch, Records, and Evidence Room), and a Training and Personnel Sergeant.
The following are some of the services provided:
In the case of an emergency please dial 9-1-1.
- Routine patrol, including enforcement of criminal and traffic laws
- Answering calls for service and taking appropriate police action
- Follow-up investigations of criminal cases
- Bicycle patrol of the Central Business District and the I-90 Right of Way
- Marine Patrol in the waters of Mercer Island, Medina, Renton, and Hunts Point
- Community Oriented Policing and Emergency Management Programs
To report a non-emergency incident or to reach the 24 hour dispatch center, call 425-577-5656.
For records requests or general information, please call 206-275-7610.
To submit a crime tip, click here.
For firearms safe storage information "Lok-It-Up," click here
For employment information click here.