City Council - Agenda
Monday, October 07, 2002
Call to Order & Roll Call, 7:30 pm
Opportunity for public comments.
Approval of Minutes:
Regular Meeting Minutes of September 23, 2002
Payables: $ 572,227.98
Payroll: $ 420,378.23
Open Council Discussion:
- AB 3704: Council Position(s) on the following referendum/initiatives:
- Referendum 51: The legislature has passed House Bill No. 2969, financing transportation improvements through transportation fees and taxes. This bill would increase highway capacity, public transportation, passenger and freight rail, and transportation financing accountability through increased fuel excise taxes, sales taxes on vehicles, and weight fees on trucks and large vehicles.
- Initiative 776: Initiative Measure No. 776 concerns state and local government charges on motor vehicles. This measure would require license tab fees to be $30 per year for motor vehicles, including light trucks. Certain local-option vehicle excise taxes and fees used for roads and transit would be repealed.
- Initiative 790: Initiative Measure No. 790 concerns law enforcement officers’ and fire fighters’ retirement system, plan 2. This measure would place management of the law enforcement officers’ and fire fighters’ retirement system, plan 2, in a board of trustees consisting of six plan participants, three employer representatives, and two legislators.
- AB 3705: Grease Ordinance
- AB 3703: MI High School Stadium Interlocal Agreement
- AB 3706: 2003-2004 Budget Message and Presentation
Opportunity for Councilmembers to bring any issue to whole council for questions & discussion.
Councilmember Absences, Planning Schedule, Board Appointments, and Councilmember Reports.