Mercer Island Thrift Shop - Give the Island Your Best!
|Mercer Island Thrift Shop|
7710 SE 34th Street (SE corner of Mercerdale Park)
Monday - Saturday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Please call (206) 275-7766 to schedule evening or pick-up appointments.
Retail Store hours:
Monday - Saturday: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm (note: closed for Easter Sunday, April 5, 2015)
NOTE: The Thrift Shop accepts these kinds of items, but reserves the right to refuse un-sellable merchandise. Please click here for full policy.
The Thrift Shop CANNOT accept these items:
- Clothing and Shoes
- Household linens
- Art & Collectibles
- Some music and video media
- Furniture and home decor
- Home electronics
- Sporting goods
- Toys and games
- Furniture which is soiled, torn or otherwise damaged.
- Mattresses, box springs or cribs
- Heavy or large quantities of office or school equipment including desks
- Large appliances, computers, console TV’s and console stereos
- Electronics that do not work (recycling information)
- Stationary exercise equipment
- Building materials
- Paint and chemicals of any kind
- Automobile parts
- Encyclopedias, old text books and magazines
- VCR tapes or cassette tapes
- Items recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Large truckloads of items when over 50% of the load is not saleable in the store
VOLUNTEER today –
The thrift shop needs community members to come help! We are looking for volunteers who enjoy interacting with the community and giving back. Volunteers received a store discount if they volunteer twelve or hours each month. Three hour shifts are now available. Interested? Please call the Thrift Shop and ask for Logan Ens at (206) 275-7766.
VEHICLE donations –
The revenues from auto donations are used to provide many different community needs. The vehicle donation process is quick and simple - just make one call to (855) 500-7433, or donate on-line. No need to fuss with ads, sales calls or annoying paperwork. Once the vehicle has been auctioned, you can deduct the value from your itemized income taxes. Be sure to mention Mercer Island Youth & Family Services as the beneficiary when making arrangements to donate your vehicle.
The Mercer Island Thrift Shop is a revenue-generating program of Mercer Island Youth & Family Services. MIYFS services are supported by a public/private partnership through the City of Mercer Island, the Mercer Island School District, and Mercer Island Thrift Shop revenues. Services include counseling, senior adult outreach, substance abuse prevention/intervention programs, juvenile court diversion services, family assistance and JobLink. The Thrift Shop employs over 50 volunteers.
Become a fan on Facebook! Visit our page for information and announcements!