Call To Order:
Chairman Ron Kaufman called to order the regular meeting of the Utility Board on November 30th, 7:05 p.m. in the Council Chambers @ City Hall, 9611 S.E. 36th St., Mercer Island, WA.
Ron Kaufman, Chairman, John Ewald, Vice Chairman, Joel Massmann, Ron Rosie
El Jahncke, absent
Joanne Sylvis, Glenn Boettcher, Patrick Yamashita, Francie Lake, Suzanne Riddell, Terry Winkel, Terry Smith,
The Minutes of the October 12, 2004, meeting were approved
Guillemette Regan, SPU
Seattle Public Utilities Discussion
Following introductions, Guillemette Regan gave an overview of contracts SPU has/is working on with other jurisdictions and answered questions. Discussion followed. Guillemette advised the Board that SPU is not actively pursuing another water source at this time and that Cascade is still reviewing the Lake Tapps proposal. She stated SPU is developing standards for mixing water from other supply sources into the Seattle system and that King County is beginning to show some interest in developing a water supply plan. Guillemette also gave an update on the new Cedar Treatment Facility and extended an invitation to the Board Members to attend any of the scheduled SPU Operating Board Meetings, which are held on the first Thursday of each month.
2005 Work Plan
A draft list of topics for the Utility Board Agendas for 2005 was begun; Glenn & Joanne to develop and e-mail Board Members in early January. Potential topics include:
- EMS Rates. Further study has been requested by City Council.
- Review water rates & fees to fund minor software upgrades for billing. (Please check this one with Joanne)
- Sewer Lake Line Replacement Project financing strategy.
- Mitigation strategy for Lake Line Replacement. This will be ready for Board consideration in February.
- Comprehensive Basin Review Plan.
- Review of Phase I of Geohazard Mapping Project
- Feasibility and funding strategy for new water storage.
- GIS storm water layer conversion.
- Tour of Water Utility house.
- Review public comments on Lake Line Replacement Project.
Next meeting will be held in February, date to be determined.
Off Agenda Items:
Brief review of Final EIS, due date and formal permit application process.
Patrick Yamashita advised the Board that the first phase of the Comprehensive Basin Review is nearing completion. Phase 2, which will include an independent assessment of all significant Island drainage problems, has been funded for 2005. It will include field work to verify mapping and the development of criteria for project prioritization
The meeting adjourned at 8:50 p.m.