Call To Order:|
Vice Chair McCarthy called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm at the Mercer Island Community and Event Center, 8236 SE 24th St., Mercer Island, WA 98040.
Commissioners Don Cohen, Lyn Gualtieri, Amy Richter, and Jodi McCarthy were present. Commissioners Kirk Robinson, Rory Westberg, and Sara Berkenwald were absent.
Mayor Bertlin was absent.
Staff present were Ryan Daly, Parks and Recreation Interim Director; Sarah Bluvas, Arts & Culture Coordinator; Zach Houvener, Interim Recreation Manager; CJ Stanford, Recreation Supervisor; Merrill Thomas-Schadt, Reservations and Customer Service Supervisor; and Paul West, Capital Projects & Planning Manager.
Minutes from 9/5/19 meeting were presented. Commissioner Cohen motioned to accept the minutes and Commissioner Richter seconded the motion. Minutes were approved unanimously.
Director Daly requested to adjust the agenda order to give his Director’s Report later in the evening to allow time for set-up and staff to leave early.
1. Update on Mercer Island Community and Event Center and Recreation Programs
Houvener, Stanford, and Thomas-Schadt presented about recreation programs, Community Center operations/rentals, and field/park facility rentals.
2. Director’s Report
Director Daly gave the director’s report.
- Acknowledged Kirk Robinson’s absence
- Skate Park vandalism
- Upcoming Parks & Recreation events
- Arbor Day on Saturday, October 19, at Homestead Park, 9 am-2 pm
- Halloween Spooktacular Senior Lunch, Thursday, October 31, at Mercer Island Community and Event Center, 12-1:30 pm
- Upcoming community events
- Pumpkin Walk on Sunday, October 27
- Tree Lighting – Still in development
- PROS Plan
3. Aubrey Davis Park Master Plan Open House #3 Recap and Next Steps
West presented major takeaways and feedback from the last open house and online survey. City Council will review the draft master plan at a study session on October 15, 5-6:30 pm, at Council Chambers.
The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, November 7, at 6:30 pm, at the Mercer Island Community and Event Center.
- Reminder to report volunteer hours
Adjournment: 8:16 pm