So what is MyBuildingPermit.com?
MyBuildingPermit.com is an easy-to-use permitting portal that makes it possible to get simple permits (those that do not require plan review) from Mercer Island and other participating jurisdictions. This award winning site provides many convenient services that will facilitate you in the permitting process. Even if you did not apply for your permit online, you can still utilize these services!
These services include:
- Online Permits: Click here to obtain electrical, low voltage, mechanical, plumbing, and re-roof permits for single family projects. Note: Electrical, mechanical and plumbing work is often covered under a "Combination" Building Permit. Check with the General Contractor or call the Permit Counter at 206-275-7605 to see if your work is already covered under an existing Building Permit.
- Permit Status: Click here to check your permit status online.
- Inspection Requests: Click here to make and check the status of inspections online.
- Construction Tip Sheets: Click here for up-to-date and easy-to-read guidelines used uniformly across member jurisdictions.
- Codes: Click here for links to state and international construction code information; see also Mercer Island City codes.
- Training: Click here for opportunites for training in codes and site use.