9611 SE 36th Street
Mercer Island, WA 98040
Community Advisory Group (CAG) Meeting Agendas and Materials
The Community Advisory Group (CAG) consisted of 23 Island residents who were appointed by the City Manager following an application process, After the November 2017 kickoff meeting, the CAG was tasked with learning about City finances, reviewing financial forecasts, exploring various budget balancing options, and making a recommendation to the City Manager. View all meeting materials below.
Four public meetings were held in January through April 2018, with the CAG submitting a majority (supported by 17 members) and a minority (supported by 6 members) recommendation to the City Manager in early May 2018. CAG Recommendations were presented to the City Council on May 15, 2018 (view video footage).
NEW: The CAG Recommendations were first released on Friday, May 4, 2018, but were temporarily removed to allow time for requested clarifications and corrections to be addressed by CAG members.
The final versions were posted below on May 10, 2018.
Click here for Majority Report
Click here for Minority Report
COMMUNITY ADVISORY GROUP (CAG) COMMITTEE MEETINGS [Concluded]:
Kick-Off, November 15, 2017, 6:30-8:30 pm, Community Center
January 6, 2018, 9:00-12:30 pm, Community Center
February 5, 2018, 6:00-9:00 pm, Community Center
March 3, 2018, 9:00am-12:30 pm, Community Center
April 2, 2018, 6:00-8:30 pm, Community Center [FINAL MEETING]
- City Presentation
- Video Explainer: City Belt-Tightening Efforts 1 (Police, Fire, Parks & Rec, YFS, Public Works)
- Video Explainer: City Belt-Tightening Efforts 2 (DSG, Finance, HR, IT/GIS, City Attorney)
- Video Explainer: Selected City Departments Unmet Needs
- Video Explainer: Police, Fire, Parks Maintenance Comparisons
- Video Explainer: Capital Funding Needs and Funding Options
- Presentation by CAG Member on Community Values
- "No Levy Proposal" by Subgroup (A subgroup of the CAG presented a proposal to the full CAG to not place an operational levy lift on the November 2018 ballot.)
- Meeting Notes
Other Reference Materials