Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation Facility and Program Updates - July 2, 2020
City parks and trails will remain open for walking and non-active recreation. Please be safe and adhere to Public Health – Seattle & King County (PHSKC) recommendations:
- Maintain at least 6’ distance between you and other park users or wear a mask.
- Stay home if you're not feeling well!
- Cover your mouth/nose when sneezing.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid group interactions.
- Avoid high touch surfaces.
Mercer Island Community and Event Center
- Remains closed through August 31, 2020.
- Facility rentals, drop-in access, classes/summer camp programs and the VOICE/SVP programs are canceled through August 31.
- The City is currently not accepting program registrations or facility rental applications for future reservations until further notice.
Facility and Park Rentals
- Athletic fields are open for passive use and rentals for practices only. Participants must remain in groups of 5 or less and must obey all Phase 2 guidelines, which includes no games.
- For rental information, contact the COVID hotline at 206-275-7626 or email@example.com.
- All private outdoor event rentals are canceled through August 31.
- Picnic areas are available on a “First Come, First Served” basis with no reservation required.
- Organized activities within parks require a Park Permit. For more information, contact the COVID hotline at 206-275-7626 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Events canceled through August 31
- Including Forest Stewardship, Mostly Music in the Park & Shakespeare in the Park
Board & Commission Meetings canceled through July 31
- Parks & Recreation Commission
- Arts Council
- Open Space Conservancy Trust
Parks, Trails, and Open Space remain OPEN
- Senior/At-Risk Hours at Mercerdale Park: 7am - 10am, Monday - Friday
- Older adults and people with serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19
- Please respect these hours to safely accommodate our most vulnerable park users
Status of Amenities
- Playgrounds are CLOSED
- Restroom Closures: Groveland, Clarke, Luther Beaches and Deane’s Children’s Park
- Drinking fountains remain turned off
- Skate Park OPEN
- Beaches OPEN (no lifeguards)
- Boat Launch OPEN
- Dog Park OPEN
- Tennis & Basketball Courts OPEN
- Trails, passive space OPEN
- Athletic Fields OPEN (see above)
- P-Patch OPEN
Parking Lots OPEN
- Mercerdale Park (Thrift Shop Lot): Senior Priority Parking available for senior adult residents 7am - 10am, Monday - Friday (no placard required)
- With limited staffing, crews continue to prioritize safety, essential sanitation and restroom cleaning. Additional maintenance and special requests are completed as capacity allows.
You can report issues or ask questions via the City’s coronavirus hotline: 206-275-7626 (staffed Mon-Fri, 8:00am-5:00pm). Leave a voicemail and staff will call you back, or email the City at this address: email@example.com. Parks maintenance requests can be reported through the City’s webapp: See Click Fix.
Most employees are working from home on a limited basis. You may experience increased response times if you contact individual employees through regular channels.
Parks and Recreation Department Facility Closures and Event Cancellation Extensions
May 13, 2020 - Today the City announced an extension of Parks and Recreation facility closures and program and rental cancellations. In response to the coronavirus pandemic and Governor Inslee’s Safe Start Washington: A Phased Approach to Recovery, the following measures are effective as of today:
... Read more...
View All News...