Youth & Family Services
The City of Mercer Island is unique in that it provides a broad range of multigenerational human and community services to Mercer Island residents through a dedicated department of the City—Mercer Island Youth and Family Services (MIYFS) Located at the Luther Burbank Park Administration Building, MIYFS offers a broad variety of programs, services and expertise that support the wellness and human service needs of all Mercer Islanders. We are here to help.
|MIYFS is located at the Luther Burbank Park Administration Building|
MIYFS provides individual, family and community services and collaborates with others to develop and deliver comprehensive human services to the Mercer Island community. Services are supported as a public/private partnership through the City of Mercer Island, the Mercer Island School District, King County, the MIYFS Foundation, private contributions and grants, fundraising and special events and revenues generated by our volunteer-based Mercer Island Thrift Shop. Click here to see ways that you can give back to your community through MIYFS.
- Family Assistance including emergency assistance, a food bank, employment assistance and a job board, as well as connections to related services provided on a local, state and federal level.
- School-Based Services including mental health counselors in each of our public schools, and drug and alcohol prevention and intervention experts at our middle and high school provide support for children, parents and teachers through counseling, consultation, programs and groups.
- Counseling Services for individuals of all ages, couples and families are available at our Luther Burbank offices on a sliding fee scale.
- Senior Services -- a dedicated geriatric specialist provides services to seniors and their family on a full range of issues related to aging including consultation, counseling and care management.
- Communities That Care – a unique cross-community effort focused on preventing the harm caused by youth drug and alcohol use in our community.
- Youth Development Programs where teens learn the importance and value of giving back through facilitated volunteer and service learning opportunities.
- Diversion and Early Intervention programs where arrested youth are re-focused on positive learning experiences while being held accountable for illegal behavior.
- Mercer Island Thrift Shop where the MIYFS business goals are realized through giving, volunteering, work-skill development and sustainability.
Youth & Family Services Department is located within Luther Burbank Park in the historic Luther Burbank Park Administration Building located at 2040 - 84th Avenue SE. If you have questions about our department or would like information, e-mail us or contact us at (206) 275-7611.
Click here to read our annual Here to Help newsletter.
Click here to read our organization's Fact Sheet.
Drug 'Take-Back' Day
Saturday, April 29, 2017The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and the City of Mercer Island are coordinating a nationwide drug "take-back" day, this Saturday, April 29th from 10 am to 2 pm at Mercer Island City Hall (9611 SE 36th Street).
Take drop-offs to the west side of the building, in the lower loading doc... Read more...
View All Calendar Events...