Sport and Athletic Courts
Parks & Recreation Facilities Update - March 30, 2020
City parks and trails will remain open for walking and non-active recreation. Please be safe and adhere to Public Health – Seattle & King County (PHSKC) recommendations:
In response to Washington Gov. Jay Inslee’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” executive order on Monday, March 23, the City of Mercer Island has taken the following actions:
- Maintain at least 6’ distance between you and other park users.
- Stay home if you're not feeling well!
- Cover your mouth/nose when sneezing.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid group interactions.
- Avoid high touch surfaces.
The Mercer Island Community and Event Center remains closed until April 24.
Park, trails, and open space remain OPEN.
- All programs and events are canceled.
- Park restrooms remain open (except at beaches and Deane’s Children’s Park).
- Playgrounds, sport courts, and picnic shelters are CLOSED.
- Luther Burbank Dog Park remains open.
- Sports fields remain open; however all rentals and group usage are suspended until further notice.
- P-Patch remains open.
- Focusing on imminent safety concerns, sanitation, and restroom cleaning.
- General landscape maintenance and other work has been suspended.
You can report issues or ask questions via the City’s new coronavirus hotline: 206-275-7626 (staffed Monday-Friday, 8:00am-7:00pm). Leave a voicemail and staff will call you back, or email the City at this address: email@example.com. Parks maintenance requests can be reported through the City’s webapp: See, Click Fix.
Most employees are working from home on a limited basis. You may experience increased response times if you contact individual employees through regular channels.
The City has a variety of sport courts available for public use located in parks throughout Mercer Island.