Mercer Island Beaches
Pets are NOT allowed at public swim areas from May 1 to September 30. Outside of these times dogs are allowed on the beach but must be on a leash at all times. Off Leash Areas on Mercer Island.
Luther Burbank Park: (Contact: Merrill.Schadt@mercergov.org or 206-275-7873)
Groveland Beach: (Contact: email@example.com)
- Groups of 20+ must reserve a picnic area a minimum of 72 hrs in advance (space is limited)
- Reservation fees (per area) are: $40 per area for Mercer Island Groups / $85 per area for off-Island groups.
- Luther Burbank has (2) areas available to reserve. (Capacity is 60 patrons per area)
- Bus parking is not permitted at Luther Burbank Park or the Mercer Island Community & Event Center.
- Each area reservation includes: (1) day parking pass for (1) bus at the City Boat Launch
- Additional bus parking passes may be purchased for: $11 per day
- Camp Park Use Dept. Policy
- Note: Luther Burbank Swimming Beach is not guarded.
- Group usage of the beach is on a first-come, first-served basis (space is limited)
- No fee is required
- Large buses cannot access Groveland Beach - mini-buses are ok.
- Note: Groveland Beach is not guarded.
- Beaches are subject to closure due to inclement weather, water quality or low staffing.
- There is no bus parking in either of the Luther Burbank Parking Lots, Groveland Beach lot, or the Community Center. Buses may drop off and pick up only. Day use parking is available at the MI Boat Launch at 3600 East Mercer Way, $11 self-pay.
Click here for more information on all City beaches:
Click here for more information on other topics: